Tuesday 22 July 2008

It has been a great first day back on the route. I will have to be brief to conserve my battery power as am currently in my tent, using my phone as a modem to publish. I arrived at the crag at around 3pm and everything seemed perfect, the tide was out, it was dry, not too hot, not too cold, not too windy... I wasted no time in setting up and quickly abed in, chalking and cleaning holds as I passed, re-familiarizing myself with the holds and gear.

Once I arrived at the bottom, I spent a short time practicing the low dangerous crux until I was fairly happy with the sequence. I climbed through this and decided to press on up and see how far I could get. 45 minutes later, I topped out feeling tired but contented, having just linked the whole route for the first time.

If the weather holds for tomorrow, I think my chances are looking ok.

Adios...

No comments: