Monday 21 July 2008

Sorry to disappoint but this will only be a short post as I am very tired and want to go to bed. On Friday I finished a week long shift at work, which is always a great thing. I caught a lift back to Manchester and had a meeting with Dave Turnbull, the big boss of the British Mountaineering Council to discuss some exciting future plans. More information will follow over the next few months, but it is safe to say the meeting wet pretty well.

I rushed home, packed my bags and jumped on a plane to Switzerland. I had been asked to give a presentation at The North Face booth at the Outdoor Show in Friedrichshafen but due to my manic schedule over the last few weeks, I was not as prepared as I would have liked. I did my best to put something interesting together on the journey over, and during any spare time I had at the show, until 4.30 arrived and it was time to go on.

Thankfully it went really well, and I got a lot of great feedback, making all the stress and nerves worthwhile. Actually, I found the whole show quite overwhelming. The sheer scale of it is just immense and the party that night was no exception. I don’t know how many thousands of people there were, but most looked to be having loads of fun, dancing into the early hours, which is what a good party is all about.

The following morning, I was back on a plane looking forward to a good night’s sleep in my own house before setting off again for the south of England to spend more time on my project.

I hope to be able to find internet access whilst I am away so I can keep you updated with daily blogs so watch this space.

Right, I am off to bed.

Night night

No comments: