Friday 12 November 2010

Climbing Denim

Drum-roll please...

Ladies and Gentlemen, after many, many years of waiting, hoping, and praying, they are finally here... well almost.

I am sat typing this message in a pair of TNF climbing jeans that I have been lucky enough to get my grubby little hands on, and I have to say, they are fu@&ing sweet!!! A mix of thin blue denim and 2% elastane, perfectly baggy with seams in all the right places, these are hands down the best climbing pants I have used - no word of a lie.

Now before you all rush out to break down the doors of your local outdoor store, I have to tell you that these fine threads are still only in the prototype phase, and wont be in production until 2012 at the earliest. Now I know that is a long long time to wait, but believe me, it will all be worth it. Especially when we make a few tiny tweaks to the design, like double thickness over the knees for those spikey knee-bars.

Thank you TNF for giving me what I want - wow, doesn't that make me sound like a spoilt brat!

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks for photos of the jeans from my upcoming Chad expedition...

1 comment:

Matthew said...

james, if you think that's good, you should try climbing in cut-off jean shorts. So goooood.